Thursday, February 19, 2009

Ooh La La...


J'taime Paris!  I am excited to say that Fode and I are traveling to France this summer.  The main purpose is to visit my sister-in-law Aisata and her children(my nieces and nephew).  We are flying to Paris and spending time there before taking a train to Nantes, where they live.  I am thrilled to visit Paris.  Finally a purpose for my minor in Art History.  All that time studying those paintings and sculptures will come in handy.  Fode and I are watching travel shows to get ideas about what to do.  I am also  I compiling a list of movies that take place in France.  So far I have thought of French Kiss(a classic!) and Charade(I don't think I have seen it).  Do you have any other ideas.  Keep in mind I have a low threshold for violence, so Romatic Comedies are usually the way to go.

5 comments:

Staci said...

An American in Paris
Amelie
Moulin Rouge
Gigi (i think)
Hunchback of Notre Dame
The Last Time I Saw Paris
Sabrina (part of it)
Funny Face
and...a brief part... CASABLANCA!

Staci said...

For Fode....
Ronin
The Day of the Jackal
The Bourne Identity
La Femme Nikita (FRENCH VERSION!!!)
The Count of Monte Cristo (which you *might* like too..)

Goldielocks and Her 3 Boys said...

I am so excited for you guys and just a bit jealous!! I LOVE Paris!! You will too!!! May I recomend the water/boat tour at night!!! It's beautiful to see everything all lit up!

jana said...

Oh my gosh...I love Amelie. I have a copy if you want to borrow. It's just the best!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness you will have so much fun. Paris is amazing!!! Staci already suggested Sabrina which was what first popped to mind...and moulin rouge :)
Sonja