Monday, July 6, 2009

IKEA HOTEL











Over the 4th of July weekend we stayed in a hotel in downtown Nantes. We booked a small room, but was looking forword to some AC after the hot a humid days we just had. Well the room was tiny. If you have been to Ikea there are those sample rooms where they have an entire house in 500 square feet. That was what the room was like, but it was not spendy so you get what you pay for. The problem was that the AC did not work. We, as obnoxious Americans, complained about this. The staff was kind and found us another room. We lucked out and we were upgraded to a suite room. The pictures I took at the hotel are of this room. The room was twice the size of our original room and meant to be a luxury room. It was clean, quite and modern(you had to keep the key in this wall slot or you could not turn on the lights), but it was not cool even with the AC at full blast. I think this is because they had to double the walls to keep out the train noise so there was no air flow. It was nice to have some privacy, but we were glad to return to Fode sister's house where there are windows that open and a fan.

3 comments:

jana said...

I'm so glad you guys are posting. It's fun to see pictures of what you guys are up to. Even the stuff that doesn't work out like you had hoped turns into fun memories later on.

Goldielocks and Her 3 Boys said...

I second what Jana said!! I am LOVING reading all your new posts and seeing all the pictures! Keep it up!!

Jean said...

Thanks Jesse for a glimpse into your vacation!! Hope you have had tons of fun experiences and will have safe, uneventful travels home! See you soon!