Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Aunt Staci wrote this birth announcement for the family:

I know word has trickled out but I wanted to send a more formal email to let you guys know that Jessi and Fode had their baby! He was born on Tuesday, July 23rd at 10:34pm. He is 5 pounds 4 ounces and 18 ¾" long. He is doing extraordinarily well and is eating like a champ. 


We expect that Jessi and family will leave the hospital on Friday and they will be coming here to the Yellow House for some TLC. She developed preeclampsia at the end, which is why she was induced at 37 weeks. Recovery from that requires minimal stimulation and exertion for a couple weeks. 


Jessi and Fode will be announcing the baby's name later. Fode's tradition calls for a baby naming ceremony on the 7th day after which his name will be announced. I was tremendously honored to be there for the baby's birth and to be able to see Fode hold his son for the first time and say prayers in his ears and whisper his name to him right after birth. It was beautiful and amazing and the entire experience was one of the most spiritual things I've ever experienced in my life. Being on the other side of childbirth is magical in an entirely different way than that miracle of holding your own child for the first time.  


I thought I would send a picture for you all. This is one of the best shots of his face and was taken as Fode was telling him his name for the first time. Please pass this along to other family members if you wish, but we are not posting photos online at this time. 


Love to everyone and thank you to those of you who were in communication with me during labor for your patience! After a long labor and 3 hours of pushing, I just collapsed - and I wasn't the one doing all the work!! Jessi was absolutely amazing and Fode was a rockstar husband and coach through all of this. 



Staci

No comments: