Today I am 37 and 3 days pregnant. All weekend I was feeling sick. I threw up a few times, my neck hurt and I felt flushed with a headache, but had no fever. I wasn't sure if these symptoms were because I was 9 months pregnant or what. I called and made an appointment with my OBGYN. I didn't want to drive and Fode was at work, so I asked Staci to pick me up. She got a flat tire on the way, but managed to drive on it to my house. We left her car and took mine and skipped the food run because we didn't want to be late to the appointment. When I got to the room they checked blood pressure and it was 190 over 110. Wow! That was crazy high! Last week Thursday it was normal. The doctor opened the door and didn't bother entering the room. She said I needed to go straight to the hospital, which was across the street, and that I was going to probably be induced. I was numb. The first thought I had was that the changing table that I ordered from Target was not going to be delivered till Friday (4 more days).
We got in the car and I called Fode to explain what was happening, but I was too in shock to explain well so Staci got on the phone and explained that he needed to get to the hospital right away. We went straight to Labor and Deliver at St. Vincent's Hospital. They checked my blood pressure and it was still at the extreme level. They put me in a room and on a Magnesium IV to prevent seizures. They explained that I had Preeclampisa and that the only cure was to induce labor. It was going to be tricky because the magnesium slows labor and will fight against the medicine used to induce labor. Here is a picture of me. The screen in the background shows my heart rate and babies heart rate. The good thing is the baby's heartbeat is strong and healthy.

No comments:
Post a Comment